1. CCMSBC Scholarships:
A. For students registered in a post-secondary education demonstrating academic excellence (Grade point average over 3.0 or 75%), whose parents are CCMSBC members in good standing.
B. For students enrolled in a secondary education (high school Grade 9-12), with same qualifications as category A (Grade point average over 85%).
CCMSBC Scholarship Application download
Please note the application deadline for 2023 is April 30, 2023.
The mailing address for accepting application:
CCMSBC Award Committee
C/O Dr. Jen Z. Yu
City Square Medical Center
307-550 West Broadway
Vancouver British Columbia V5Z 0E9
Fill out the form application and return to the CCMSBC along with the following:
- Transcript of academic record for the past year.
- Reference letters from two unrelated individuals.
- Brief account of yourself and why you should be the recipient of the scholarship (maximum 2 typed double spaced pages).
2. Scholarships for UBC medical students, all of which are sponsored by the CCMSBC:
- Jay C. Cheng Memorial Scholarship (for a 1st year medical student demonstrating interest in cross-cultural medicine)
- Chinese Canadian Medical Society (B.C.) Scholarship (for a 2nd year medical student with an interest in rural medicine)
- Jay C. Cheng Memorial Prize in Psychiatry (for a 4th year medical student demonstrating academic excellence in Psychiatry)
These scholarships for UBC medical students are administered by the UBC Development office. No application is necessary. The successful candidates are selected by UBC.
3. Nominations requested for the Distinguished CCMSBC Member Award:
We are requesting nominations for the Distinguished CCMSBC Member Award, an award created in 2009 for presentation at our Annual dinner and dance. Please use the following rules as a guide:
- 1. Nominations must be from CCMSBC members in good standing, and nominees must also be CCMSBC members in good standing.
- 2. Nominees should be made aware that they're being nominated by the nominator, and be willing to accept an award if chosen.
- 3. Nominees should be those CCMSBC members who have made a significant contribution to the CCMSBC in the past. Decisions will be based on the degree of contribution. Nominators should describe in detail what the nominee's contributions have been.
- 4. The award recipient will be decided by the CCMSBC Board of Directors.
- 5. If none of the nominees in any given year have made sufficient contributions to the CCMSBC, the CCMSBC Board of Directors has the right to not choose any award recipients in that year.
- 6. Please use the "Contact Us" section of this web site to submit nominations, once you have ensured that the nominee has agreed to be nominated.
- 7. The deadline for nominations will be March 31 of each year.
Past Recipients of the Distinguished CCMSBC Member Award:
- 2009 Dr. Thomas Wong